|To add or update information to this site contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
St Francis Church is a registered charity No: 1129849 ©St Francis Church and the PCC 2015
The church was designed and built by Louis de Soissons in 1934 as the city centre parish church of the Garden City. Find out more about our history.
As well as the main church and their chapels, the church's premises contain the song school, parish room and church hall (all available to hire) and a car park. There are also two beautiful gardens, Frankie's Garden which includes a in the woods-like play area and the quieter Prayer Garden at the rear of the church.
In recent years and overseen by the Development Group, our buildings have benefited from various improvement projects. Our kitchen and toilets have been completely renovated. The Servers’ Vestry has recently been established adjacent to the Clergy Vestry and a new resource library/office will occupy the vacated space. Other projects for the near future are the installation of engraved glass doors at the entrance to the St Clare Chapel and upgrading the church lighting.
In addition to this, the Memorial Pathway, introduced to the PCC in September 2010 by Ed Giberti and opened by the Bishop of Hertford on 19th of May 2013. If you wish to commemorate a loved one by means of an inscribed stone within the Pathway, please fill in the attached form and contact the Parish Office.